Does your business utilize Search Engine Optimization? If not, you should know the benefits of SEO. Here’s why hosting an SEO campaign can maximize your reach.

According to data provider Internet Live Stats, there are almost 2 billion websites online right now. That reality presents a conundrum for business owners…

How will you stand out among all of the competition?

Fortunately, there are a lot of digital marketing strategies that have emerged so companies can reliably connect with customers in an impacted online world.

Among those digital marketing strategies, perhaps the most effective is SEO.

SEO (search engine optimization) is the practice in which websites use keywords and phrases to connect with the billions of users who utilize search engines to find what they’re looking for online.

If you’re considering implementing SEO into your business’ website but aren’t sure what advantages doing so would offer, our team has put together this quick list to bring you up to speed on some core benefits of SEO.

1. SEO Is Extremely Low Cost

Many digital marketing strategies demand a large investment from website owners. SEO is not one of them.

With SEO, you can do basic work targeting key phrases in your website’s copy and meta-information on your own for free. You can also skyrocket your efforts by bringing on a professional for a very low cost considering the excellent return on investment you’ll get when compared to other marketing strategies like pay per click and Adwords.

2. Your Traffic Will Go Up Significantly

Good SEO connects customers from all over the web with your products, services, and information. So, within a couple of weeks of rolling out your SEO strategy, you should notice a sizeable uptick in both your web page visits and your site’s retention rate.

3. SEO Will Make You Competitive Again

No business that’s serious about making sales is ignoring SEO. If you’ve ever scratched your head and wondered why your competition was enjoying premium search engine rankings and traffic, we’re here to tell you that it’s probably because they have a good SEO strategy.

The moment you start implementing a strategy of your own, you’ll give yourself the opportunity to scale and eventually pass your competitors.

4. People Click on the First Thing They See

You may find that your business is enjoying a 3rd or 4th place ranking in Google’s search results. While seemingly not bad, being anything but number one is actually worse than it seems.

Over 60% of searchers go to the first result that Google presents them with. The remaining 40% divide out among the remaining results.

That means that if your page is ranked first on Google, You’ll get over 60% of every customer searching in your niche to land on your web page meaning a big-time boost in sales.

SEO can help you achieve that reality.

5. SEO Results Last

When you stop paying for advertisements, they stop running. After implementing a solid SEO strategy, the benefits stick.

Sure, as a lot of time passes you may need to continue fine-tuning your SEO to keep up with changing consumer tastes. But you can be sure that your SEO efforts will last you long after you’ve put them in effect. Particularly if your niche isn’t overly competitive.

That means a massive return on your investment.

Wrapping Up The Benefits of SEO

There are a lot of benefits of SEO you can acquire by investing a nominal amount of time and money. The 5 listed above scratch the surface.

Our recommendation, whether you’re an online business or a brick-and-motor store interested in local SEO, start doing research and making room in your budget to take SEO seriously.

Your investment will pay for itself many times over.

If you’re a small business owner looking to take your SEO to the next level, look no further than our team at Hatchtag to help out!

At Hatchtag, we provide companies like yours with cost-effective digital marketing strategies that have massive impacts on their revenue.

Schedule your free consultation today to find out everything we can do to grow your business!

Evan Terrell

Evan Terrell

At Hatchtag, we care about you and your business, and don’t want you to be just another statistic. Your business deserves to succeed, and we have the business consulting, digital marketing, design, and development expertise to get you there. Ready to get found, be heard, and sell more? Let's take your business to the next level!